Brock's Gap Intermediate School is FUN! Keeping these TEN things in mind will help you navigate our great school in big ways!
10. Your locker is where you will keep all your stuff. If you keep it organized, all of your books and things will fit in it. The one important thing to remember about your locker is your locker combination.
9. Lunch is really delicious! Our lunch at Brock’s Gap is a self-serve lunch so you will put the food on your own plate. This means you get to choose what and how much you get…but remember to keep money in your lunch account.
8. We have an Academy Program and it is awesome! Academy is where you get to choose what you would like to learn more about. We have academies that deal with technology, cooking, gardening, and even photography. Academy changes about every 6 weeks; therefore you get a chance to participate in many classes. Sounds great doesn’t it? Told you Academy was awesome!
7. You have to dress your best. The dress code is enforced so you really need to wear the right clothes. Just a few no’s…no gym shorts, sweat pants, spaghetti straps, short shorts, etc.
6. PE is fun! You start off with a few exercises to keep you healthy and then after the warm up exercises it is time to play. You will participate in flag football, basketball, lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, and many more fun activities.
5. We use Edmodo. No, I did not say Komodo, but Edmodo. It is an online site that lets you have educational discussions with other students and teachers will put assignments online that you can work on. It’s a great way to stay educationally connected.
4. Each week fifth grade students have special classes. They will go to art, music, guidance, library and technology. Yes, fifth graders go to a computer class every week! Plus, their teacher can take them to the computer lab for extra time or they can check out laptops for their class. So, one thing to know is that at Brock’s Gap technology is a big deal.
3. There are many ways to get involved. There are many opportunities to participate in different activities here at Brock’s Gap. You can run for student council, be a part of the math team, go to First Priority, be a part of the school newspaper staff, or work on the school yearbook. Wait, we don’t have enough time for me to name everything. Just know that there are lots of opportunities to get involved.
2. Four fifth grade teams consist of four classes and one team consists of two classes. The teams are called the Discoverers, Explorers, Navigators, Voyagers, and Adventurers. This means you really get to know a lot of kids. You will go to lunch, field trips, and PE with this group; as well as sit together for assemblies and special events.
1. Brock’s Gap is fun! Teachers make learning fun, field trips are fun, Academy is fun, PE is fun….So, get ready to learn and have some fun at Brock’s Gap!